Going for therapy is not about being weak or being unable to cope, it is a healthy way of facing up to issues in life and discovering more about who you are. You do not have to experience mental health difficulties or have gone through something traumatic to go to counselling.
Many people go to therapy because they recognise the need for some change in their life.
Working with a counsellor/psychotherapist can help you:
- Improve communications in personal relationships
- Become less stressed at work
- Become more productive in life
- Make choices based on your own needs and not on others opinions or views
- Learn to say 'no' without feeling guilty
- Learn to say 'yes' with less fear
- Become more committed in your relationships
- Be more content in your personal relationships
- Be more confident about who you are
- Become more assertive
- Deal with anger in more productive ways